Beginning April 10th, The Fieldhouse Project will compete for $10,000 in the Kind Causes competition. We'll need to get the most votes by April 30th to win.
We are seeking Campaign Ambassadors to represent us and help garner enough support to win by helping run events and by campaigning on social media. To sign up, fill out the form below and make sure you like The Fieldhouse Project on Facebook.
How do people vote?
Simple: by visiting http://causes.kindsnacks.com/cause/soccer-and-education-for-community-development/ or just typing in fieldhouseproject.org/vote any time starting April 10. No registration is needed to vote and you can vote up to 4 times.
- Must have strong familiarity with Facebook and/or other social media platforms.
- Must be willing to reach out to friends and family for support.
- Check in once per week for 15-20 minutes with a Fieldhouse team member. Schedule is flexible.
- Successful ambassadors will receive a letter of support or recommendation
- You'll feel good about supporting an important cause
- Great way to learn about marketing and develop social media skills
- Valuable experience that can help make your resume stand out, especially if we win.
- Network with others connected to this cause including the org team and the youth advisory board.
How will we use the $10k should we win?
- $5,000 to complete the construction of The Fieldhouse.
- $2,500 to provide an after school study period for students, facilitated by teachers and older students.
- $2,000 to provide sports equipment to young athletes involved in the program.
- $500 for an opening celebration and soccer tournament giving the community a chance to come together around the bright future of The Fieldhouse.
What is the Fieldhouse Project?
Part classroom, part community center, and part athletic complex, The Fieldhouse Project will be the home of a reintegration-to-education program for former child workers and a sports center shared by six local schools in Nyanyano, Ghana. We seek to engage youth in academics and in their community through teamwork and sport because we believe all children deserve the opportunity to learn and play. The Fieldhouse Project encourages students to flourish in their academic life through our unique soccer league that recognizes athletic achievement as well as academic and civic engagement off the field. Along side this, our partner, The Cheerful Hearts Foundation, will run the reintegration program in The Fieldhouse.